The students and community partners of Community Mapshop presented a final review of their mapping projects on Thursday, April 9th, in the Peace Gallery at UK.
The student teams discussed their projects around issues of:
- housing, vacancy, foreclosures - food insecurity, retail access, production
- historical preservation, splintering urbanism
- social barriers, access, exclusion
- schools, performance, redistricting
- transportation, infrastructure, connectivity
Directed by Matthew Wilson, Community Mapshop is an initiative of the College of Arts & Sciences and The New Mappings Collaboratory, within the Department of Geography.
Photos by John Buckman